June 30, 2014 by Kenton Hansen
*Final Friday Art Event “Unfinishe” *
*The Labor Party | 216 N. Mosley | Wichita, Kansas / Contact: Ian Blume firstname.lastname@example.org/ *
This is a show to display work that is incomplete, and a chance to examine why, sometimes,
things just don’t get done.
- Work Media: Paintings, Prints, Sculpture, Short Film, Music, Anything really.
- Work Size: 48”x40” MAX, 50 LB. MAX, 6 minutes MAX
- Entry Requirements: Work must be unfinished, incomplete and/or abandoned
- Artist Name, email address, phone number
- Artist’s Statement about the piece. Why is it unfinished? Why did you start? Why haven’t you gone back to it?
- 1 or 2 digital jpg, png, gif images via email for two and threedimensional pieces. For film, a vimeo or
- youtube link is preferred, but 1 or 2 screen shots with a synopsis is an option.
Optional : When you drop off your artwork, we will have a camera set up where,
if you choose, you can give a short description of your piece and answer the three questions from the artist statement.
Our intention is to play these interviews between films, to provide a more candid insight into your work.
Timeline: One Night Only, Final Friday, July 25, 2014
Entries Due: Submitted by July 9, 2014 Delivered to Venue July 21, 2014
Selection Process: We are looking for up to 10 threedimensional pieces, 5 films, and 20 twodimensional
pieces. Pieces will be selected by the organizing team, and artists will be notified by July 14th.
Notification to artist: Selected artists will receive an email with delivery options.
Hanging: Will be done by organizing team. Special requirements will need to be shared with your submission for entry.
Films will played at scheduled times throughout the night. Three dimensional pieces
will be placed on tables and pedestals. Two dimensional will be hung on the walls of the venue.
Delivery: Art should be delivered to The Labor Party (216 N. Mosley, Wichita, Kansas) according to delivery
instructions received via selection email.
Reception: A reception will be held at The Labor Party on Friday, July 25, 2014 from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Exhibit or Event Ends: This show is one evening only, July 25, 2014. Reception is from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
Pickup Artwork by: 5:00 p.m. on July 31, 2014.
Publicity: Event will be publicized through the following media.
- A listing on events.kansas.com. This will ensure that the exhibit is included in the Final Friday
timeline in The Wichita Eagle. It will also be listed on the KMUW online calendar and the
GoWichita online calendar.
- A media release will be submitted to The Wichita Eagle, KMUW, F5, DowntownWichita.org, City
Arts Feedback, and any hometown papers of the artists.
- A shareable Facebook event will be created. Artists and attendees are encouraged to invite other
- A show poster and postcard will be created and printed for limited distribution. (If your artwork is
selected, please have ready the number of posters and postcards you would like for your own
distribution. Any expenses incurred, such as postage or associated delivery expenses, will be your
Sales: Artists will have the opportunity to sell items, at any price the venue will charge a 10% commission
to facilitate the sale. All payments will be made directly to the venue.
We encourage you to include a “As Is” price and a completed price.